Join us at the InterContinental Hotel in
San Francisco for our Winter
Tempering the Bond:
Chocolate Makers & Chocolatiers
Chocolatiers and chocolate manufacturers have been partners in the story of fine chocolate and its evolution over the years. But this is a partnership that is often not acknowledged, fully understood or appreciated. There’s often a lack of knowledge not only on the part of consumers, but the partners themselves. FCIA wants to shine a light on this partnership, explore how to strengthen it, and learn how we can all benefit by tempering the bond between chocolate manufacturers and chocolatiers. Read more . . .
Our Panelists Will Discuss:
- The challenges and benefits in seeking out specialty chocolates from either traditional chocolate manufacturers or artisan chocolate makers.
- The pros and cons in using specialty chocolates for products and how this approach may or may not help chocolatiers to differentiate their products.
- Ideas for helping the consumer to appreciate the extra time and effort it takes to create and produce these specialty chocolates.
3:30 PM Registration Opens
3:30 - 9:00 Gallery Showcase and Networking
NEW! 3:30 - 4:30 Table Talks
5:30 Welcome - Pam Williams
5:30-5:40 Recognition of Excellence Awards Ceremony - Clark Guittard
5:40-6:15 Heirloom Cacao Announcement and Tasting - Dan Pearson,
Ed Seguine and Sepp Schonbachler (more info . . .)
6:15-6:20 Matt Caputo, Tony Caputo's Market & Deli, Supporting HCP
Educational Session introduction - Melanie Boudar
6:20-7:35 Educational Session:
Panel Moderator: Rich Tango-Lowy
Chocolate Manufacturer: Chocolate Makers:
Gary Guittard, Guittard Chocolate Company
Brad Kintzer, TCHO,
Mark Harman, Mesocacao
Maya Schoop-Rutten, Chocolate Maya
Richard Tango-Lowy, Dancing Lion Chocolate
- FCIA's Gallery (vendor) Showcase will be open from 3:30-9:00 PM
- Complimentary coffee, tea, and water will be available during the event.
- A no-host bar will be open from 4:30-8:30 PM
- An appetizer buffet will be offered during the evening
FCIA Event Sponsors
We are extremely grateful to the generous support from these event sponsors
------FCIA Gallery Showcase Vendors -----
Our (vendor) Gallery Showcase is a great way to check out new products and get advise relevant to you business. Visit companies like:
Bakon USA Food Equipment, Cargil, CasaLuker, CocoaTown, Chef Rubber, ChocoTransferSheets.com, deZaan, ECom Trading, Duyvis Wiener, Glarus Gourmet, Guittard Chocolate Company, ifiGourmet, Koco, Inc.,Savage Bros, Co., Swiss Calet/Felchlin, The Confectioners Friend-TCF Sales, Tomric, Trufflymade, Valrhona.
Each offers a wide variety of chocolate/ingredients, tools/equipment, and deep knowledge.
FCIA Refund Policy
All cancellation requests must be received at least 1 week before the event date, sent via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Unfortunately, no refunds will be made for requests received after that time.
Refunds are subject to a $20 cancellation fee. Refunds will be issued in the same form payment was made. Please allow two weeks for processing.