Media Kit and Press
FCIA is the only membership organization focused 100% on serving the fine chocolate segment of the global chocolate industry.
FCIA staff and Board Members are available to the media for interview and comment on issues relating to marketplace and consumption trends, health and nutrition, world cocoa commodities, sustainability in cultivation, confection fashion, ingredient transparency, and many other subjects.
For more information about the FCIA and its members, issues, and upcoming events, please contact our Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.577.9983.
FCIA Event Media
FCIA Press Badge Guidelines
FCIA invites the media to all of our events. We issue press badges to qualified media. All credential requests are subject to approval by FCIA management.
Who Qualifies for Press Badges?
Working journalists in print, broadcast and digital media on assignment or conducting research for established publications and media outlets. This includes reporters, editors and publishers. Film crews and photographers must have proof of assignment.
- Freelancers must have published or broadcast in an established media outlet in past year on topics related to the specialty food industry.
- Blog writers must have created new content within the past three months on topics related to fine chocolate. Product giveaways and contests do not qualify. Blog writers may be asked to provide evidence from a data-tracking service (such as Google Analytics) that unique visitors exceed 3,500 per month.
- YouTube channels must have created new content within the past six months on topics related to fine chocolate. YouTubers must provide evidence from a data-tracking service (such as Google Analytics) showing a minimum of 250,000 average monthly views.
- Social Media Influencers, those with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and others with relevant following but not affiliated with a media outlet. Must have a minimum of 20k followers on at least one social media outlet (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
Who Does Not Qualify?
Friends and family of journalists; sales, marketing and advertising executives and other non-editorial media staff; company presidents, industry consultants, public relations professionals, writers for company newsletters and websites, and cookbook authors who are not working journalists.
- Blog writers with less than 3,500 unique visitors per month.
- Freelancers who have not published or broadcast stories related to fine chocolate in the past year.
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, personal blogs, forums, communities and user groups with less than 20k followers will not be considered for press passes.
- Film crews/photographers engaged by exhibitors for marketing purposes (register through exhibitor as exhibitor personnel).
Media registering on site at in-person events may be asked to provide evidence of current work about the fine chocolate industry for well-established media outlets. The same qualifications are required as for pre-registration.