Industry StandardsFine chocolate and fine chocolate products are natural food products offering the consumer wonderful taste sensations and aromas no other product can provide.
Fine chocolate, whether couverture, or bar chocolate, is chocolate made under current good manufacturing practices from properly grown and harvested cacao beans plus a small list of additional ingredients and without the use of artificial substances to create a chocolate true to its origins.
Fine chocolates, whether bonbons, flavored bars, or other artisan chocolate creations, are attractively presented and skillfully crafted so the flavor of the chocolate is complemented by natural and fresh ingredients.
As members of the Fine Chocolate Industry Association, we aim to:
Code of Ethics
- Advocate highest quality in all aspects of chocolate production.
- Protect and improve consumer rights, act as the consumer's champion, and promote choice and value for money.
- Support all fine chocolate producers.
- Celebrate the independent chocolate shop as an integral, enjoyable facet of community life.
- Model and promote sustainable, humane, and equitable ways of producing fine chocolate.
- Foster greater appreciation of traditional cocoa products while promoting innovative fine chocolate artistry.
- Campaign for clarity, transparency, and traceability in labeling.
- Seek improvements throughout the industry from cocoa pod to finished product.