Ingredients of Fine ChocolateFine chocolate and chocolate products should only contain the ingredients on the following lists, though they may not contain all of them.
Dark Chocolate Ingredients: Cacao liquor, sugar, cacao butter, lecithin, and vanilla.
Milk Chocolate Ingredients: Cacao liquor, sugar, cacao butter, milk solids, milk fat, lecithin, vanilla.
White Chocolate Ingredients: Sugar, Cacao butter, milk solids, milk fat, lecithin, vanilla.
Other names for the above ingredients you might find on a label:
- cocoa liquor, chocolate liquor, unsweetened chocolate, cacao mass, cocoa mass, chocolate fondant, cocoa beans, cacao beans, chocolate beans, cacao seeds, cocoa seeds, chocolate seeds.
- cacao butter, cocoa butter, cacao oil, cocoa oil, cocoa fat, cacao fat.
- Milk, cream, whole milk, condensed milk, milk crumb, dry milk powder, dry cream powder, milk solids, dry milk solids, milk fat, butter oil, butter fat.
- Soy Lecithin, Lecithin, soya lecithin.
- Vanilla, Real Vanilla, Vanilla Beans, Whole Vanilla Beans
- Ingredients: cacao liquor, milk solids, cacao butter, butter, vanilla, natural flavorings, cacao beans, cacao seeds, cocoa powder, nuts, and soy lecithin/glucose
- natural flavors include: real vanilla, vanilla beans, fresh herbs, fresh fruit, fruit purees, liquor